Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enable/Disable TX ports in B210 in 2x2 setup

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enable/Disable TX ports in B210 in 2x2 setup
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 12:58:31 -0400

On 07/13/2018 12:35 PM, Ayaz Mahmud wrote:

Hi All,

So my ultimate goal is to get the CSI (Channel State Information) between 2 Tx antenna (1st B210) and 2 Rx antenna(2nd B210). So that each antenna at Rx will have 2 CSI measurement.

Attached is my picture of the flowgraph.

To build this scenario, I have used the “Tx_OFDM” and “Rx_OFDM” from Gnuradio examples. I am using a text file to be transmitted. Exact same blocks are used twice (to make 2 channels) and fed into an USRP sink.

At receiver side USRP source is used with other blocks to decode. & Tag Debug box is added to read the CSI at console.

This setup work fine. But I am seeing only 1 CSI measurement at each Rx antenna. This is because I am transmitting the same signal at same time from 2 Tx antennas, so it is arriving at the same time at Rx thereby the 2 CSI values are accumulated ( I am guessing) !

I have tried to add a delay in one tx antenna, but the result was same.

Now I am trying to transmit from 1 antenna at a time. So 1st Tx antenna signals will be received at both Rx antenna thereby give 2 CSI measurement. It will then stop transmitting and the 2nd Tx antenna will start transmitting which will also give CSI from 2 Rx antenna.

So I wanted to know if this enabling/disabling of antenna (TX/RX) port is possible or not.

If it is not possible, what are the possible workarounds?

Thanks,

Ayaz

Please attach the .grc file itself