Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with gnuradio connecting to ni-usrp 2922

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with gnuradio connecting to ni-usrp 2922 on windows
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:20:37 +0000

Hello Trueblues,

National Instrument's USRP software can prevent Ettus Research's software from running correctly by pre-occupying the USRPs. So, you may have to disable their USRP-related services (I mean, Windows's equivalent of daemons) to get UHD (and related GNU Radio blocks) working. I do not remember exactly which NI services can cause this problem.

I am not sure if the NI-USRP's firmware is compatible with the current version of the Ettus Research's firmware (maybe, or maybe not). If I recall correctly, NI-USRP 2922 is basically a Ettus Research USRP N210 with a SBX-40 daughterboard. So, if you encounter firmware incompatibility issues, you can try flashing the Ettus Research's equivalents.

The GNU Radio Windows distribution that you installed comes with a UHD driver, so you do not need to install UHD by yourself (your UHD installtion will be simply ignored by GNU Radio).

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Trueblues 17 <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2018년 4월 30일 월요일 오전 1:42:49
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with gnuradio connecting to ni-usrp 2922 on windows

Hi, I'm having a problem connecting an ni-usrp 2922 device to my laptop on Windows 8 64-bit version. I'm running the  v3.7.12/v1.4 version of gnuradio. I tried to ping the ip-address of the usrp and it's responding. but when using a UHD: USRP sink/source and run the code i get this error message

RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
192.168.10.2

i made sure i turned off the firewall, using a unique static ip-address for my pc and i burned the suitable fw and fpga's images yet GRC can't see my device. Device appears in the Ni-USRP configuration utility's image updater tab to be running ni292x_fpg. bin and ni292x_f. bin from this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\images" as default

I made sure i have a unique static-ip for the pc and turned off the firewall as well.

i installed the latest UHD and images from these links respectively

but i don't see the n292x family so i can't decide what are the relevantimages to write