Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit Power of USRP B210

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit Power of USRP B210
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:18:27 +0000

The process is simple: You use exactly the settings you want to use
later, send a signal of known digital power (i.e. known |x|²), measure
the output power with a spectrum analyzer. You take e.g. half that
digital power, measure again, to verify you're in the linear region.

If you are in the linear region, the ratio between your |x|² and your
measured power is your calibration factor. Be aware that you need to
know how to deal with your spectrum analyzer; we can't tell you what's
the right window, window bandwidth, sweep step width etc for your
application.

Best regards,
Marcus