[Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling a stream at a particular instant in the cycl

From: Carlo Manfredini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling a stream at a particular instant in the cycle
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:35:38 +1000

Hello all,

In the attached code, I have an external data stream incoming at 2kbps, and have indentified a point in the data period at which I'd like to sample this stream to form a stream of data bits.

You can also see the data clock at 2kbps.

The "decision point" is variable across the bit period, however I do not know how to "sample" this point or "instant" to form a stream of bits. (In hardware I would have use a D flip flop)

I understand that this new bit stream will operateĀ  24 times more slowly than my input (48ksps) so this is why I have also experimented with resampling....though that presents its own challenges.

Any hints would be much appreciated on how to sample this instant into a new bit stream.

Regards.