[Discuss-gnuradio] Read FM signal

From: Ivo Carlson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Read FM signal
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:32:17 -0300

I recently started to use the GNU Radio software with the RTL2832U. I
created a script to receive an FM signal and now I want to save that
signal in a file so I can manipulate it (e.g. using Python or Octave).
What is the better way of doing this?
Until now I have used the file sink block to generate a file with the
data.
The file sink saves the data in a binary format, but I don't know what
this data represents. How do I interpret this data? What does this data
represent?