[Discuss-gnuradio] Unused Message port in 'Chunks to Symbols' block?

From: Anshul Thakur
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unused Message port in 'Chunks to Symbols' block?
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:02:45 +0530

Hi all,

I am trying to implement an adaptive modulation scheme for OFDM using the example ofdm_tx as initial source. To change the modulation scheme dynamically, I am thinking of changing the Symbol Table in the block 'Chunks to Symbols' for the Payload.

a. Does this approach sound correct? Suggestions?

b. I noticed that in the implementation of the chunks_to_symbols_bc_impl.cc, we do register an in port 'set_symbol_table', but a template for using that port has not been defined in the 'digital_chunks_to_symbols.xml'. Is this intentional, or am I missing something? 'set_symbol_table' is also a method defined to set the symbol table on change of the class attribute (using callbacks?)

Warm regards,
Anshul