Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get the code of Low pass filter block of g

From: Markus Wirsing
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get the code of Low pass filter block of gnuradio
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:07:31 +0200

Hello,

as far as I can see, the low pass filter block only exists in GRC.
The relevant XML description for GRC can be found here:
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-filter/grc/variable_low_pass_filter_taps.xml

The underlying source for firdes can be found here:
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-filter/lib/firdes.cc

And the code for an fir-filter here:
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-filter/lib/fir_filter_XXX_impl.cc.t

Oddly enough, I couldn’t find out how the grc xml file references the
fir filter itself. The firdes seems to only return the necessary taps.
Maybe someone someone with more experience in reading GRC XML files
(is their format documented somewhere?), can clear that up.

Markus