[Discuss-gnuradio] Noise Blanker block request

From: Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Noise Blanker block request
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 18:17:12 +0000

Dear colleagues.

I am looking for some advice or help regarding if anyone is aware of some available block or packages for GNU-Radio which can act as a Noise Blanker. Specially capable of handling impulse noise.

On SDRSharp software there is a Noise Blanker plugin where you can adjust the pulse width parammeter. That particular plugin removes and cleans quite good the kind of noise I have in my environment without significant degradation neither on analog or digital comms.

However I use GNU-Radio for several amateur projects and I am looking for some kind of noise blanker similar which I can use with my GR Python scripts. If needed I can send some noise samples or screenshots. But perhaps someone knows about some already available package or blocks I could use.

Best regards.

Raydel. CM2ESP