Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] choosing hardware for demos, ham purposes

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] choosing hardware for demos, ham purposes
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 11:59:07 +0200

On 19/05/17 01:49, address@hidden wrote:
> Has anyone actually used a LimeSDR for Ham RX/Tx yet?
>
> I held-off buying one early due to the absence of even a bread-boarded
> proof-of-concept Ham RxTx, or even a VFO or single conversion Rx.

This has also been discussed on the debian-hams list[1] with slightly
more detail but no definite solution.

If I used one I would be using it with a band pass filter for both RX
and TX.

Some other alternatives came up in that thread, has anybody tested any
of these?  It appears that some of them are self-contained, not using
something like GNU Radio on the PC, but if they can send the raw SDR
feed into GNU Radio (for RX at least) that would be interesting.

SunSDR QRP[2]
KX2[3]
KX3[4]
Mountain Topper[5]