Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mixing multiple streams to audio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mixing multiple streams to audio
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 20:53:22 +0200

Hi JOhn,

you mustn't gate=yes in the squelch! The "add" block needs an input sample on every input to generate one sum sample, and thus, every squelch that's currently gating (i.e. not generating any samples) will simply stop the complete flow graph.

The rest looks ok (if you really feed in 15 kHz channels); I'd recommend doing a few things for debugging:

* replace the receiver block with a null source. You should be getting silence. If that doesn't work, post whole flow graph.

* Replace the receiver block with a NBFM transmitter (followed by, if necessary, a "rotator"), so that your generated FM signal ends up in one of the channels, while the rest should see silence.

* Look at the output of the "add" block with a Qt Time sink or so; you might be generating amplitudes that clip in the sound card

* Try 44.1 kS/s instead of 48 kS/s

* observe buffer fillage with the control port perf monitor

Cheers,

Marcus