Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed to obtain AM Depth of Modulation

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed to obtain AM Depth of Modulation
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:10:42 -0700

I would start with

  source -> low pass filter(complex) - rational-resampler(complex) -> am
demod -> number sink(float).

I have never used the AM Demod block and I have never calculated the
Modulation Index for AM.

But it does appear you have a plumbing problem.

I would start with changing the AM Demod so the channel capacity is
192000 Hz with Audio Rate of 480000 Hz.

Then set your re-sampler to decimate by 100000 Hz and interpolate by
192000 Hz.

And replace your number sink with Qt time sink and see what it looks like.

I haven't tried any of this - I'm making it up as I go along - based on
experience with FM.

-- Cinaed