Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Creating OOT module

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Creating OOT module
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 16:43:40 +0200

Dear Jahnavendra,

if you really have problems with reading the binary files the file_sink produces, it would be wise to work on your skills in the programming language you want to use. Others and I have pointed you personally to example code that does that[1] before, and the FAQ entry that explains the file format[2]. If you missed these emails, please refer to them in the mailing list archive [3a] [3b] [3c].

Reading these files is definitely trivial in almost any language I can think of, and writing your own GNU Radio block won't solve your problem. It will just create a lot of new problems for you, as you don't seem to be very familiar with the things you'll need to deal with, yet. Don't be afraid! It's OK to have to learn! Being able to read a file as produced by file_sink, given the assistence you've received, would, however, be an appropriate thing that you should manage before trying something more serious, like writing a GNU Radio blokc.

Anyway, to learn about how to write GNU Radio modules, read

http://tutorials.gnuradio.org

from chapter 1 to 6 in the correct order (you could have found this yourself – it's the big orange button on gnuradio.org that says "get started").

Best regards,
Marcus Müller

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-utils/octave/read_complex_binary.m
[2] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_file_format_of_a_file_sink.3F_How_can_I_read_files_produced_by_a_file_sink.3F