[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio and android

From: Volker Schroer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio and android
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:47:20 +0200

Hi!
I watched the development of gnuradio for android. But I'm not very familiar with java, so I searched for a way to run gnuradio python scripts without or with little modifications on android.

I detected the python_for_android project and wrote some recipes to run gnuradio on android.

For those who are interested , see:
https://github.com/dl1ksv/python-for-android

At the moment I'm able to run things like

dial_tone or an fm receiver using the rtl dongle.

But there are a lot of things missing, in particular a gui, support of fcd(pro+), etc.

So my question: Where to go from here: Introducing kivy to gnuradio for building gui's , or migrating qt5 ( a way I'd prefer )
Or is this only a nice finger exercise and of no special interest ?

Comments are welcome

-- Volker