[Discuss-gnuradio] Question on state machine implementation in GNURadio

From: Anil Kumar Yerrapragada
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on state machine implementation in GNURadio
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 00:36:05 -0500

Hi

I was just wondering if it is possible to implement a state machine logic using GNURadio. Where each state is a block and incoming data passes through these states. I want to be able to control which block gets executed when, based on some state transition logic which I will define.

For example in a receiver model, energy detect, synchronisation, channel estimation, equalisation and detection could be the states and each state would operate on incoming data based on a transition logic. Programming wise, each state will have its own class and there could be a state class to define the transitions. Just wondering if it's possible to integrate this into GNURadio.

Even if you could point me to already existing material on this, that would be enough.

Thanks a lot

Anil