Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to start and stop recording without exiting t

From: Murray Thomson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to start and stop recording without exiting the flowgraph
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:41:12 +0100

Hi,

I tried to follow Carl's suggestion to record a wav file but it didn't work for me. The first time I change the check box the wav file sink will stop working forever. File sinks works fine. Will Martin's suggestion work for wav files or does anyone have another suggestion to record wav files only when the checkbox is enabled?
I've attached my flowgraph.

Cheers,
Murray

Thank you for the answer.
I think I found however that the selector block and a check button is already doing what I needed.

Cheers,

Carl

On 25 May 2015 at 02:14, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/24/2015 06:46 PM, Carl Olsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use two filesink blocks to record signals from two
> USRP:s with MIMO Cable. I am interested in the phase offset of an
> incoming signal so I first need to calibrate and then start recording. I
> haven't found how this could be done in an easy way, does anyone have
> any ideas?
>
> To clarify:
> I would like to start my flowgraph then when I press a button in the GUI
> start recording and then press the button again and stop recording.

Write a small Python block that takes a setter, then input a button
state through a QT selector. This block will only allow samples flowing
through when you input a certain state.

Cheers,