[Discuss-gnuradio] Diagnosing the cause of D's

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diagnosing the cause of D's
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:07:13 -0700

Hi all,

I need some help determining the cause of D's being displayed from my N210 device. I know it means GNU Radio is not consuming the samples from my laptops Ethernet socket buffer fast enough, causing the USRP to overflow it.

What I would like to do now, is learn how to monitor performance such that I can figure out which part of my receiver is the bottleneck, so I can focus on optimizations there. I can't lower the sample rate anymore, because I'm already at the minimum rate the USRP requires (320k).

Would someone recommend a next course of action and tools I should download to proceed?

Appreciated,
Rich