[Discuss-gnuradio] Spectral survey with USRP and GRC

From: Ivan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectral survey with USRP and GRC
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 00:22:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am trying to make a simple spectral survey with a USRP and GRC. I want to create a flowgraph that runs for a fixed number of iterations. In each iteration, I need to set a new center frequency in the uhd source, read data from the uhd source, run fft on it, and write results to a file.

I have two problems I don't know how to solve. The first one is how to run a grc flowgraph for a fixed number of iterations. The second one, which looks harder to me, is how to change the center frequency in the uhd source between iterations. This would be easy if the center frequency could be passed through an input port. I've done something like this many times in Labview. However, the center frequency can only be set as a variable in the uhd source.

Can this be done in grc or do I have to create the top level graph in Python or C++ to be able to reconfigure it after every iteration?

Regards,
Ivan