Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X

From: Stefan Oltmanns
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 00:50:00 +0200

Hi Michael,
yes, I have not modified my program at all:
I added a #error "Broken allocation engine" to volk_malloc.c at the
beginning of the other allocation engine. I tried to recompile, but
compiler stopped with my error message. As I did not re-run cmake I´m
sure this engine was also used before.
Next step I removed my mutex-hack from freq_xlating_fir_filter and
changed the #if for posix_memalign test in volk_malloc.c to #if 1, in
other words posix_memalign is always used. Compiled without an error and
runs stable.
So I´m pretty sure bug #710 is the reason.

The only thing I´m not sure is: You said you verified that
posix_memalign is used by GnuRadio on OS X. I checked my build process,
I did not add any OS X 10.7 compatibility command, I used exactly the
cmake line from the guide:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/MacInstall and
posix_memalign was not used
I think either the #if-clause in volk_malloc.c needs an addition for OS
X >= 10.8. or cmake-file needs to be modified.

Best regards
Stefan