Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] taps in channel model

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] taps in channel model
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:27:05 -0500

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM, daviko <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying add complex taps in the channel model block, but I need the
> comples values can vary with a slider
>
> In the documentation said that the parameter is a std::vector<gr_complex>
>
> How can I add more complex taps??
>
> Any ideas
> Thank you
>
> qam.grc <http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n38372/qam.grc>

Daviko,

You've got the right spirit of the concept here. You won't be able to
arbitrarily set the number of taps with a slider, but that's not what
you're doing here, anyways.

Looking at your GRC file, the only problem is with your 'a1 + a2*j' in
Python, 'j' by itself isn't recognized, you need to give it a
coefficient, so instead use 'a1 + a2*1j' and that should work. You can
also use 'complex(a1, a2)'.

To have a list of taps, you can say:

[a1 + a2*1j, b1 + b2*1j, c1 + c2*1j]

The list of complex numbers is translated through SWIG into a
std::vector<gr_complex>.

Tom