Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compiling and working with gnuradio in windows

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compiling and working with gnuradio in windows
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:19:01 -0800

> If you had any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it.
> Thanks so much,
> Seth

I just fixed some pretty bad bug in the gr-filter that was causing
access violations. You might be seeing that at play.

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/commit/?h=maint&id=64913ee414f2c8a51afb2277b16b957fa2e7e066

There isnt an installer yet w/ the fix though...

> Other randome notes:
> To run the GRC examples, I need to delete the first line that starts
> with the hash '#'.  It seems like GRC expects the bracket '<' as the
> first line.

Is this a .py file or a .grc file? Sorry, can you post a snippet or link.

> I have to say, that as a newcomer, the whole issue of installing and
> understanding gnuradio is very confusing.  One additional issue I ran
> into (but overcame) is a link error in the gnuradio compile:
>
> when compiling gnuradio-core (?), I get two link errors in
> uhd_swigPYTHON_wrap.obj of the variety:
> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
> __thiscall uhd::range_t::range_t(class uhd::range_t const &)"
> (address@hidden@@address@hidden@@Z) ...
>
> For some reason, it seems that the definitions have to be explicitly
> declared in the source, so I added the following to ranges.cpp:

If you expose types from uhd in the public interface, you may also need
to link the swig module against uhd.lib. Example:

list(APPEND GR_SWIG_LIBRARIES ${UHD_LIBRARIES})

-josh