[Discuss-gnuradio] Vector inputs/outputs with GRExtras block interface

From: Roy Thompson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vector inputs/outputs with GRExtras block interface
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:35:48 -0500

Is it possible to use a vector input or output with a block that uses
the GRExtras interface?  All of the examples for specifying the I/O
signature for a Python block only show using a numpy type to specify
the data width.

I also tried creating a C++ block and setting the sizeof_stream_item
parameter of the gr_make_io_signature() to the total vector size as
has been done in standard blocks that support vectors, but it doesn't
appear to be working properly either.  For example, I tried setting
the size to 4096 bytes (vector of 1024 floats), but each time my work
function gets called, input_items.size() is only returning 8, where I
would have expected it to only be called when there was a full vector
of data available?

I suppose I could work around this with a vector to stream conversion
block in front of it, but I just wanted to see if it is possible to
directly accept vectors with the newer block interface.

Thanks,
Roy