Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] impossible to execute flow graph

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] impossible to execute flow graph
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:19:15 -0500

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM, pascal m <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > How to check if wxPython is installed?
>>
>> In a terminal window:
>>
>> $ python
>> Python 2.7.3 (default, Jun 15 2012, 16:17:03)
>> [GCC 4.5.2] on linux2
>> >>>

>> else Python will complain.
>> John
>>
> Hello John
> I did what you told me and here is the result:
> (for information, I am beginner):
>
> address@hidden:~$ python
> Python 2.7.3 (default, Aug  1 2012, 05:16:07)
> [GCC 4.6.3] on linux2

> I suppose as I have not had error, wxPython is well installed?
> After, i also tried to run gnuradio-companion in another terminal window but
> I still get the error :-(
>

> Is this the correct version of python for gnuradio 3.6.2?
> Thank you for your help :-)
>
> Pascal

Pascal,

If you used build-gnuradio with 12.04, you should be fine with the
dependencies, so I'm not sure what's going wrong with your
installation. And that version of Python is definitely fine.

Just to be absolutely clear, what you are doing is opening
dial_tone.grc in GNU Radio Companion and running "execute" from there?

What if you try something simpler, like creating a signal source, a
throttle block, and a WX FFT sink and run that?

Tom