Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Blocks missing from GRC after pre-cog installatio

From: Sakib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Blocks missing from GRC after pre-cog installation
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:07:21 -0400

Hi,

Unfortunately reinstalling didn't solve the problem. I tried twice already. What I did is first I removed all relevant gnuradio and uhd files and folders from /usr/* folders and installed gnuradio, uhd, grextras using the script linked on gnuradio.org website: http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio . I opened GRC and found some newer blocks (obviously because of some updates to the source) along with my previously missing blocks. So, everything is fine. Then I installed pre-cog using the set of commands at the end of the page: https://github.com/buoyboy/pre-cog/wiki/Installation . After that I opened GRC and blocks that start with gr_*.xml are gone.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong with the installation. Isn't pre-cog supposed to be installed in this way? Or if pre-cog is required, I have to install gnuradio in some other way apart from using that script?

Thanks.