Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction to Pre-Cog

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction to Pre-Cog
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:21:38 +0100

Hi John,

You Wrote:

Looking for thoughts, feedback, and ideas. [and of course, bug reports]

I just very quickly installed gr-precog under gnuradio-3.6.2. Installed
fine, but when starting grc, I noticed the following:

It seems that after installation, quite a lot of the sinks and
sources are missing. In some case there are equivalents in gr-extras,
so no biggie (Noise, Signal etc), but some others def disappear
entirely, null comes to mind. An uninstall and re-install of 3.6.2,
and they all appear again.

Unfortunately, I don't have time this evening to play further this
evening as I have a prior engagement, but will certainly be
experimenting later in the week.

Also very much looking forward to FEC and CSMA developments in
the future. Just ebing able to get arbitary data in and out of
a flow graph, and have gnuradio handle the MAC and PHY bits is
really useful and powerful, so Thanks to both you and Josh

Iain