Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd running parallel tx/rx flowgraphs

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd running parallel tx/rx flowgraphs
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:54:49 -0500

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/26/2012 02:29 PM, Apurv Bhartia wrote:
Its an XCVR2450, but I do *not* start any 'packet' transmissions. All I do, is to start both the flowgraphs, and just listen for packets.

In which case, the TX side is running--even if you aren't sending any *data* bits, it's still transmitting, and blocking the receiver.

You'll have to get more sophisticated about half-duplex flow management, using tagging to tell UHD to turn on/off the TX side.

Josh probably has better words of wisdom on this than I.

Hi Marcus,

I'm working with Apurv, so I'm going to chime in here :)

I tried doing some searching on the mailing list, but I wasn't really able to find much on this.  I also thought that auto tr would handle this.  I found a post from Josh on the mailing list that said Auto TR is always enabled in UHD.

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1527488