Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RX->TX Switching delay on XCVR2400?

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RX->TX Switching delay on XCVR2400?
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:54:25 -0800

Florian -

Please don't e-mail the same question to the list in multiple threads - it actually makes it more difficult for people to help you in a coherent manner.

Switching between RX and TX on the XCVR daughterboard should have very minimal overhead - certainly not 6 ms.  As soon as it sees the first TX packet, it should automatically switch.

It is possible that tunnel.py is not properly closing the TX stream, and thus confusing the USRP.  Your colleague might be on to something - have you looked through the tunnel.py source to see how it is handling the TX packets?

Cheers,
Ben