Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of having multiple throttle in a chain of

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Effect of having multiple throttle in a chain of flowgraph
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:29:29 -0500

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:41 PM, محمد روسلي <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to ask what happen if there are many block of throttle connected between a source and a sink in pure simulation? I notice the GUI Interface (wxgui) is getting slow when 5 throttle block is connected between a signal source and signal probe sink.

| Signal Block | ---> | Throttle | ---> | Throttle | ---> | Throttle | ---> | WX GUI Scope Sink |

--
Regards,
Muhammad b Rosli

It's never been tested because there's really no reason to ever do it. You only need one block that rate limits the flow graph. The throttle block only exists if you are running things in simulation or without any real hardware that controls the flow of data. It's keeps the system from consuming all of your CPU; especially useful when using GUIs.

Never use more than one rate-limiting block in your flowgraph.

Tom