[Discuss-gnuradio] raw binary data transmission

From: shantharam balasubramanian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] raw binary data transmission
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:38:17 -0400

hi
I am using USRP2 testbed and I am willing to transmit and receive
binary data between two nodes I am using. I have been working with the
benchmark_tx and rx.py and I have been modifying those programs for
the past 2 months for my project.
I did this by, generating random number between 0 and 1 and then
forming a binary sequence from it. But when adding the payload to the
packet, I am not able to add any data of data type, other than string.
So I had to make the binary numbers randomly and make them as string
using str() function, and then add them to the payload before sending
the packet.
Is there anyway to transmit raw binary data through the nodes using
the benchmark programs? Or is there any other program, that can help
me with it?

thank you