Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR-IQ Vs USRP

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR-IQ Vs USRP
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

idg101 wrote:

> Can anyone comment on their experiences with
> http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/SDR-IQ.html vs any USRP that Ettus makes?
>
> Thanks,
> Isaac

Do this hardware support GNU Radio? Its good to utilize GNU Radio as the
community and support is very huge. the continuity of the platform is much
sustain.

GNU Radio provide a great software radio solution for the software part.
lots of services already and will be ported.

USRP is the perfect match for GNU Radio as it is developed to be compliment
each other. USRP is progressing very well until this day and it keep and
maintain the low cost solution.

In term of performance I yet cannot compare because I also never use SDR-IQ,
however, as in the literature, current SDR or SR (as matt does not like the
word defined :) ) is not yet much focus on performance, it is more work on
flexibility.

however, it will depend on individual to determined what they like to use :)

Adib

-----
Mohd Adib Sarijari
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia