Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] the program stops unpredictedly

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] the program stops unpredictedly
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:47:50 -0400

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Minhoo Kim <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I can't find out why this program stops running.

<snip>

> Sorry if the code is long.
> In short, the top block just creates a signal, then there is an infinite
> while loop in the main that just keeps the signal running.
> I need the infinite loop so I can retune the center frequency every time the
> program passes through the loop.
> I made a null_sink block to check if the problem is within creating the
> signal part, and infinite loop never stopped so i assume the top block is
> ok.
> I also tried with start(), stop(), and wait() in the main loop instead of
> lock and unlock, which still caused the unpredicted stop.
> I also had other trials, which I forgot about.
> There are also consistent underruns, which I am not really worried about, as
> long as the underrun does not cause the stop of the program, since I am not
> transmitting any meaningful message.
>
> Thanks a lot.

You don't need to stop the flow graph when you are just changing
frequency. You only really need to stop it if you are disconnecting
and reconnecting blocks; changing parameters can be done online.

You said it stops running, but I'm not sure how it stops running? Does
it work for a bit and then stop, or does it never produce anything at
all?

Tom