[Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO and External Reference

From: Joe Farkas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO and External Reference
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:50:46 -0400

Hi,

I am using a couple N210s with the latest firmware/software. I am
using the MIMO cables to time align and synchronize two transmitters
and am decoding them on a separate board (non USRP). I would also like
to synchronize my receiver to my transmitters by using an external
reference to avoid baud compression.

I am currently using GRC, where I have a couple data streams into a
USRP Sink block configured for multiple channels. If I configure the
reference signal to be the MIMO cable, I believe it uses the internal
clock. If I configure the reference signal to be external, I believe
it will synchronize everything, but they won't be time aligned. Is
there a way to both time align and synchronize via an external signal?

Thanks.

Joe