Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] appending preamble with different power

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] appending preamble with different power
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:03:30 -0700

Or operate your receiver at absolute zero so there is no thermal noise? :D

On a more serious note, how I do preamble detection is the following:

* Figure out the sample sequence of your TX'ed preamble sequence, use this as a match filter.
* Tag the magnitude of the match filter and run through the peak detector block, which should locate the spike in energy from the preamble.
* When this happens, your packet frame begins one sample in the future (post preamble).

From me, this seems to work pretty well....all things considered.