[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-FIFO, question about double buffering

From: George Sklivanitis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-FIFO, question about double buffering
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:31:15 +0300

Hello all,

Lately, I am experimenting with an implementation of a point-to-point On-off Keying communication system. I mostly prefer to use the USRP as the receiver, in which I can capture samples and later process them through Matlab. However, because of the algorithms I try to apply at the receiver (packet/symbol synchronization, channel estimation, carrier-frequency offset cancellation, detection) I have to deal with a lot of delay at the receiver processing part. As a result, my transmitter keeps sending packets which will either get lost or stored at the fifo.

Therefore, I would like to know, if it is possible to construct a second buffer (softwarely in Matlab) in order not to lose so many data packets. Does anyone have an intuition about the way the fifo is used?

Thanks,
GS

--
Sklivanitis Georgios