[Discuss-gnuradio] Big vector problem

From: Michael Höin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Big vector problem
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:33:52 +0200

Hi all

I have a problem with a big vector. The input/output of my entity is
like:
: gr_block ("sub_channel_vff",
             gr_make_io_signature2 (2, 2, sizeof (float)*3072, sizeof
(char)),
             gr_make_io_signature2 (1, 2, sizeof (float)*5376))

And my forecast is like:
ninput_items_required[i] = 76/4;

The problem is that one input Frame has a size about 76*3072= 233472
values and I cut four parts (at different positions) of size 5376 out of
it.
If I run the simulation I get an error:
.....is requesting more input data than we can provide.
  ninput_items_required = 19
  max_possible_items_available = 4....

If I reduce the ninput_items_required value the simulation works, but
the value reflectes not the truth and in the gr_block file is written:
"The estimate doesn't have to be exact, but should be close". Knows
anybody a solution or a detour to work with this big vectors?

Any idea? Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Michael