Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ETSI DVB-T Compliant OFDM Dumps

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ETSI DVB-T Compliant OFDM Dumps
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:07:45 +0200

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Vincenzo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:
> interleaved (I/Q) short ints (16 bits) as defined by C++
> sorry for not having provided this detailed
> regards
> vincenzo

Jeremy those shorts are little endian indeed, I guess Vincenzo is
using a little endian
architecture machine and while dumping those he didn't use htons,
while in principle this
is not required, let's say it's a kind thing to do just to avoid
headache dealing with
heterogeneous systems.

As side note C++ standard doesn't state how to store primitive types in memory,
and for the matter even for not primitive types (think about the
position of virtual table
pointer) it is not defined but just compiler dependend.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

--
cpp-today.blogspot.com