Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reintallation of GNU Radio software to work with

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reintallation of GNU Radio software to work with UHD & USRP2
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:21:56 -0400

On 05/31/2011 08:07 PM, hafiz zimran wrote:
Thanks for help.
 I have installed C++ Compiler and followed the instructions as given in
Now I have connected usrp2 to PC ( Ubuntu 10.04, gnuradio-3.2.2) and run the command sudo uhd_find_devices and getting the error "command not found".
Wether I have to reinstall GNU Radio again to work with UHD or some extension of  GNURadio
Waiting for response
Zimran Rafique
You don't have UHD installed, almost for sure.  Unless you are "wedded" to gnuradio-3.2.2 for some reason, then I would do a "start over".

My advice would be to use the "build-gnuradio" script:

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

Which will do a number of useful things:

   o install all the necessary pre-requisites, using "apt-get" or "yum", depending on system
   o remove any binary installs of Gnu Radio that may be present and that will interfere with upgrading to a installed-from-source version
   o download build and install the latest UHD
   o download build and install the latest Gnu Radio, configured to support UHD
   o download the latest firmware/fpga images and place them in the /usr/local/share/uhd/images  directory

Once this is complete, you'll need to burn new firmware/fpga images into the SD card for your USRP2, which will involve using the
  /usr/local/share/uhd/utils/usrp2_card_burner_gui.py  program to burn new images into your SD card.  You'll need an SD card reader/writer.
  They're now so cheap that my local dollar store carries them.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator