[Discuss-gnuradio] Signal coming from the USRP to the computer

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal coming from the USRP to the computer
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 15:50:40 -0500

Hi All,
I want to know what is the signal coming from the USRP onto the USB bus. I know that the received signal is a baseband signal and assuming complex sampling (I have RFX2400 daughterboards) each complex sample that enters the USB bus is the following,

x[i] = (inphase_component) + j (quadrature_component), and
x[i] = m(t)cos( 2*pi*FREQ_OFFSET*t + PHI ) + jm(t)sin( 2*pi*FREQ_OFFSET*t + PHI ), where m(t), is the actual message signal, FREQ_OFFSET is the frequency offset, and PHI is the phase.

Is that correct?

Thanks