Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libusb-0.1 versus libusb-1.0

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] libusb-0.1 versus libusb-1.0
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:22:56 -0400

The issue isn't duration- its when the flowgraph shuts down- as the
other thread from someone else is experiencing- it seems to be when the
flowgraph calls lock()/unlock() and stop(). It also only occurs on
bi-directional flowgraphs. But I do agree that there's an improper
shutdown- though I believe its due to some kind of bug. I can construct
a very very very simple flowgraph with a sig source and a scope and have
it crash when it shuts down "properly".

You had mentioned that when you "CTRL+C" it worked OK, but when you unceremoniously closed the window, it
  didn't.

I believe that Gnu Radio itself explicitly sets up a signal handler for that case, to make sure that the destructors are called when you
  explicitly ctrl-C out of a flow-graph.

But for "window close", it may be the case that WxPython doesn't signal everything to "close thyself in a polite manner".

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator