Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio 3.3.0 on Fedora 15 (issue with

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio 3.3.0 on Fedora 15 (issue with SDCC)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 14:12:30 +0100

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Arturo Rinaldi <address@hidden> wrote:
Il 26/05/2011 13:05, Robert McGwier ha scritto:

On either my Ubuntu box or my Fedora box,  2.9.0 fails. I used 2.8.0 and all is well.

I get it from sdcc sourceforge site and was done in a few minutes.

Bob

On May 26, 2011 6:15 AM, "Tom Rondeau" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 05/25/2011 09:01 PM, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:
>>
>> i have an issue regarding the SDCC executable in the building of gnuradio
>> 3.3.0 on Fedora 15. I set up the PATH in my *.bashrc* file as :
>>
>> *export PATH=/usr/libexec/sdcc:$PATH
>>
>> *as written in the build guide but I still get the error in the configure
>> process :
>>
>> *USRP requires sdcc. sdcc not found. See http://sdcc.sf.net
>> Unable to find firmware compiler SDCC.
>> Not building component usrp.*
>>
>> Where am i wrong ? If I launch from terminal
>>
>> *$ sdcc -v *
>>
>> it returns :
>>
>> *$ SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08 3.0.0
>> #6037 (Apr 13 2011) (Linux)*
>>
>> thx in advance. All the others pre-requisites are fully satisfied.
>>
>> Regards, Arturo.
>>
>> A few points:
>>
>> If you're using UHD, you don't need component "USRP".
>>
>> Since Fedora 14, they have shipped SDCC version 3.0 which has different
>> command names, and also
>> some difference syntax for built-in variable-type intrinsics, so the
>> USRP1 firmware won't build under
>> SDCC-3.0 anyway.
>>
>> The configure script for Gnu Radio looks for SDCC using the SDCC version
>> 2.X command names, and
>> so for a system with SDCC 3.0, this will fail.
>>
>> But, once again, if you're using UHD (which I *strongly* recommend), you
>> don't need the component
>> "usrp" and "gr-usrp" to be built anyway.
>>
>> I haven't upgraded any of my systems to F15 yet, but when I do, expect the
>> famous (almost!)
>> "build-gnuradio" script to get updated to deal with F15.
>>
>> --
>> Principal Investigator
>> Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortiumhttp://www.sbrac.org
>>

> And if you do really want to get the usrp and gr-usrp components to build,
> you should be able to easily install a 2.9 version of SDCC.
>
> Tom
_______________________________________________ Discuss-gnuradio mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio
thank you very much to all of you. I'll do my test on my Fedora 15 system as soon as possible. I think the best solution is to build 2.9.0-7 from source and then install.

@ Bob

never experienced any issue on Ubuntu with sdcc 2.9.0-5. I also remember that building from source on a Fedora 14 worked well like described in the guide on the gnuradio website.

Best Regards to all,

             Arturo

Thanks all. I've built using SDCC 2.9.0 in Ubuntu, which is the native version in 11.04, with no problems. So I didn't build or install it from another package. If someone else is having issues with a 2.9 version and can confirm Bob's problem, let me know.

Tom