Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulink and USRP

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulink and USRP
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:29:10 -0400

Hi,

There is some information on the mathworks site for this

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/comm/ref/a1083164701.html#bsnml9_

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/comm/ref/usrp2receiver.html

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-CUN7JZ/?solution=1-CUN7JZ

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-D2KBPZ/index.html?solution=1-D2KBPZ

The above information mentions some UDP firmware, I was under the impression
that you could use the USRP2 UHD drivers and firmware located here, with
Simulink:

http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_releases/003_001_000/images-only/

Elvis Dowson

Unless the Mathworks folks have *very recently* updated their "stuff" to use UHD, you can't use the UHD images for Simulink. Simulink used (and continues to, as far as I know) a firmware/FPGA image that used UDP encapsulation, but it's totally incompatible with UHD--it was very "beta" and that line of development was never maintained, but that's what the SimuLink people standardized on.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator