[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - May 18th 2011

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - May 18th 2011
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:03:02 -0700

Hello list,

-- Tagged releases and binary installers
For the past month or so we have been tagging uhd releases and providing
binary installers for those releases. Installers are available for
windows, mac, and recent fedora and ubuntu OS.

Compatible FPGA and firmware images are installed along with the binary
installers. The images are also available "stand-alone" for users who
use uhd from source installation.

Binary installers can be downloaded from here:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Binary-downloads

And here is a table of supported installers:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/InstallTable

-- Release 003.001.000
The most recent release, 003.001.000, which I just tagged contains
support for the new SBX and TVRX2 daughterboards. This release will
require updates to the images for USRP-E100, USRP2/N products. For a
brief summary of the changes, see the changelog:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/ChangeLog

The download link for images can be found here:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Binary-downloads

Instructions for loading images on the sd card (USRP2):
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#load-the-images-onto-the-sd-card-usrp2-only

Instructions for loading images on the flash (Nseries):
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#load-the-images-onto-the-on-board-flash-usrp-n-series-only

For USRP-E100 (just like USRP1) the latest images just need to be found
on the filesystem in <install-path>/share/uhd/images:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/images.html#archive-install

-- Misc links
I have noticed that some people have gotten lost in the search history;
finding source code, images, documentation. So the following links are
mostly for the web crawlers so we can have a few less confused users. I
hope :-)

Ettus Research USRP UHD Driver
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

Ettus Research USRP UHD Driver Documentation Manual Doxygen
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Documentation

Ettus Research USRP UHD Driver Binary Downloads Firmware FPGA Images
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Binary-downloads

Feedback and testing is always welcome!
-Josh