[Discuss-gnuradio] qam constellation problem

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] qam constellation problem
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:23:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am plotting the constellation plot for qam8 before and after the root
raised cosine filter. Why I didn't get clear 8 dots constellation before the
root raised cosine filter (plotted from the data saved by
chunks2symbols.dat)? For both constellation before (data saved by
chunks2symbols.dat) and after (data saved by rrc_filter.dat) the filter, I
got 8 fuzzy dots. Can anyone tell me why is that? However, for dbpsk, I got
clear two points before the filter, but fuzzy two points after the filter.

Thanks in advance,
Brook

http://old.nabble.com/file/p31632653/qam8_before_filter.png
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31632653/qam8_after_filter.png