Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio + UHD install

From: Vladutzzz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio + UHD install
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 03:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus,
I followed all of your step-by-step instructions and after installation, the
uhd_find_devices command returns:
linux; GNU C++ version 4.4.3; Boost_104000; UHD_003.001.000-d11bb4e

-- UHD Device 0

Device Address:
    type: usrp2
    addr: 192.168.10.2
    name:
    serial:
Although UHD seems to function appropriately, when running GRC in sudo, and
pressing the Execute flow graph button, the following  error is returned:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vl/grc_files/top_block.py", line 52, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/vl/grc_files/top_block.py", line 30, in __init__
    self.usrp2_source_xxxx_0 = usrp2.source_32fc()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/usrp2/usrp2_swig.py", line
725, in source_32fc
    return _usrp2_swig.source_32fc(ifc, mac)
RuntimeError: No USRPs found on interface eth0
I proceeded to uninstalling GNURadio and UHD and then running the code
build-gnuradio from the link you provided above.
After installation and logging out, the same pattern emerges.
The uhd_find_devices command has the same output as before, as does running
the GRC flow graph.
Could it be possible that I didn't uninstall the components correctly?
(although the scrip says it does that too)
My fpga and firmware images are u2_rev3_uhd_20100706.bin and
txrx_uhd_20100706.bin
My setup is USRP2 + WBX
Thanks.

Vlad.