Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to delete and create a new top_block?

From: Patrik Eliardsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to delete and create a new top_block?
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:50:29 +0200

Hi Josh,
> Can you try this diff, I think it solves the problem if my
> hunch above is correct: http://pastebin.com/zMCP6LHh

Thanks four your reply!

I've tried this patch and I don't get the error anymore, but my application
still doesn't work though. It seems that the UHD-source doesn't produce any
samples after that I've stopped and created a new top_block.

I've done three tests where I use your patch and I also added a printf when I'm
in that state.

1) UHD source (2 USRP2) -> HEAD(1024 samples) -> FILE_SINK
The USRP2s are synchronized. The output files contains the number of samples I
expected. Everything is fine.

2) UHD source (2 USRP2) -> FILE_SINK
The USRP2s are synchronized. After I stopped and created a new top_block 2-3
times I see my printf from the ERROR_CODE_TIMEOUT state and the output files
are empty after that. I expected that all output files should contain at least
some samples.

2) UHD source (2 USRP2) -> FILE_SINK
The USRP2s are NOT synchronized. All my output files contains some samples as I
expected. Everything is fine.

My conclusion from these small tests is that the ERROR_CODE_TIMEOUT occurs when
the USRP2s are synchronized. I don't see the reason why it works with the HEAD
block and not without it. Do you have any clue? I attach my test file for
testcase 2.

Br
Patrik