Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qtgui sink - flakiness at deconstruction time

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qtgui sink - flakiness at deconstruction time
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:28:05 -0400

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:24 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
I have noticed (either through direct observation, or people's reports
to me) that there is some "flakiness" when a flow graph with a qtgui
sink deconstructs.

(linux) When a flowgraph with a qtgui sink is shutdown, the
deconstructor for the uhd block does not get called.

(windows) When closing the gui app (sometimes), a windows pops up
telling me about an error and asking if i want to debug the program.
(this has also be reproduced with pyqt_example.py).

I think, that most likely, this is an issue of the qtgui deconstructor
throwing an exception. But I cannot say for sure.
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/exceptions.html#faq-17.9

Any suggestions? Anyone else notice this issue?
-Josh

Yes, I've known about this issue for a while but decided to ignore it since it didn't seem to be harming anyone (and I had no idea what was causing it). Since it's actually starting to affect people, I'll look into it.

Mike Cornelius has made some big changes to the qtgui framework that I have yet to find the time to work on merging it. But today seems like a good a day as any to dive in and start hammering away at these problems.

Also, from another thread, I agree that being able to put multiply streams into a single scope plot would be really useful. I'll see what I can do about that, too, but that's going to take some serious surgery since all of the plots (fft, waterfall, scope, constellation, etc.) are generated at the same time.

Tom

Tom