[Discuss-gnuradio] gr_shared_ptr.i vs boost_shared_ptr.i

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_shared_ptr.i vs boost_shared_ptr.i
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:15:56 -0700

Hi all,

I've been trying every now again to create classes in gnuradio that
are not signal processing blocks but are wrapped up in the same way
used boost::shared_ptr and SWIG.  I haven't been able to replicate how
it's done for the signal processing blocks.

I have been able to get the same thing working outside of gnuradio
using the boost_shared_ptr.i SWIG library.  Unfortunately I can't use
that within gnuradio because the namespace clashes with
gr_shared_ptr.i.  My guess is that things are done the way they are in
gnuradio because when they were written the boost_shared_ptr.i library
wasn't available.  Does anyone know of any reasons not to use
boost_shared_ptr.i instead of gr_shared_ptr.i within gnuradio?  I
think it should make things simpler.

Cheers,
Ben