Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP2 full duplex mystery solved

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP2 full duplex mystery solved
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:17:15 -0400

On 14/03/2011 12:12 PM, Marc Epard wrote:

Although the XCVR2450 doesn't do full duplex, the WBX does, and current UHD
avoids the problem I described in my previous message. However, the WBX has
enough internal leakage between tx and rx that we gave up on
single-daughterboard full duplex. We now use a USRP2 with a WBX for tx and a
USRP N210 with a DBSRX2 for rx.

As for examples, I'll try to clean up my C++ app and post it later this week.
GRC works fine full-duplex, too, I believe.

-Marc

Saw XCVR2450, and assumed you were using it.

How much isolation does your application need? The HMC174-series switches in the WBX are roughly 26dB isolation each, and there should be two such paths between transmit and receive when using RX2 and TX/RX, giving roughly 52dB isolation (at least from the switches--circuit paths may make this number worse).