[Discuss-gnuradio] message_source repeatly transmit msg 10times

From: Yan Nie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] message_source repeatly transmit msg 10times
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 20:26:54 -0500

Dear all,

I'm using message_source generate data source then modulated and transmitting
through USRP1 board with LFTX plugged-in. After building the flow graph, I used
the msgq_insert to insert 1950 bytes data into the flow graph to be
transmitted, then insert another group of data which is 97500 bytes into the
the flow graph. The result turns out these two group of data are repeatly sent
10 times. What could be the problem here?

This problem really troubles me for a while and it seems to be the biggest
problem that I really need to solve for my project, and I dug into the source
code related to message_source and gr_message, but couldn't get any clue why
this happens here. Really need your help!

Really appreciate any of you help!

Thanks,
Yan

the code related:
#message_source in tb block
indata = gr.message_source(gr.sizeof_char, 1950)
msgq = indata.msgq()
constellation = [-1,1]
mapper = chunks_to_symbols_bf(constellation)
#setup USRP and signal amplitude setting......
usink  = ...
connect(indata,mapper,usink)

#flowgraph running in main
try:
   tb.start()
   while 1:
          i = 0
          tb.set_amp(5000)
          msg_13bit = gr.messge_from_string(payload_13bit) #payload_13bit is
1950 bytes
          tb.msgq.insert_tail(msg_13bit)
          tb.set_amp(0)
          while (i<50)
              msg_stop = gr.message_from_string(payload_stop) #payload_stop is
1950 bytes
              tb.msgq.inset_tail(msg_stop)
              i +=1
    tb.wait()