[Discuss-gnuradio] A beginner question

From: rono
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] A beginner question
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:35:53 +0800

Hi,

I am new to this field and have read one or two books on DSP.
e.g. the famous The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing, and so on...

However, I am still get fluctuated on the basic concept.

Could anyone suggest some books as very layman? Thanks.

I'd like to ask very basic question here. Would anyone kindly to reply.

1) The Complex and Real form are only the formats the represent the sine, and they can be interchangeable, is this concept right?

2)
In the GRC,
the USRP source/sink block, there are two choices as output type, Complex and Short.
and the Audio sink, the only input must be float.

Why the audio sink/source uses only the "Float" as the data flow,
and the USRP use complex?

Thanks!