Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc amplitude demodulation questions

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc amplitude demodulation questions
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:03:17 -0500

On 01/14/2011 02:56 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Martin, thanks for responding.  See my follow ups below:

Decimation filters will have slightly different output magnitude,
depending on parameters.
  You'll always have to re-null after changing decimation.  Fact of life.

> 2nd FFT:      self.wxgui_fftsink2_1 = fftsink2.fft_sink_f(
>                       self.notebook_0.GetPage(3).GetWin(),
>                       baseband_freq=0,
>                       y_per_div=20,
>                       y_divs=10,
>                       ref_level=10,
>                       ref_scale=2.0,
>                       sample_rate=100e6/usrp2_decim/sw_decim,
>                       fft_size=1024,
>                       fft_rate=10,
>                       average=False,
>                       avg_alpha=None,
>                       title="Demodulated FFT Plot",
>                       peak_hold=False,

My first thought is evaluation ordering in the
100e6/usrp2_decim/sw_decim.  What happens if you
  re-express it as: (100e6/usrp2_decim)/sw_decim?

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium